Why Effective Writing Is Key To Your Content Marketing Success
There are many factors that contribute to the success of your content marketing strategy. In this article, we’re going to focus on one of those factors – effective writing.
In a nutshell, content marketing is really all about the content you put out. Sure, there may be a 20-80 rule which states only 20% of your time should be devoted to making content and the other 80% should be spent promoting that content. But let’s not fool ourselves here.
If you’re promoting a poor-quality piece, your marketing efforts will all have been in vain! To put it simply, content marketing actually refers to ‘quality-content marketing.’
If you truly want your content marketing efforts to succeed, then you need to know how to write effectively and communicate directly with your audience.
Writing content is so much more than just typing a bunch of words, sentences, and paragraphs on a word processor. It’s about cohesively bringing to life your ideas and your thoughts in such a way that your audience will find it extremely valuable and helpful.
Doing keyword research is important, too. Knowing which keywords to target and knowing the search volume for each keyword will give you an idea of the topic’s overall demand. Of course, with search engines becoming smarter every single day, keyword research is more of a guide than anything else. But it’s still powerful, especially if you uncover profitable keywords that not too many people are writing about!
To write effectively, you need to put your content’s message front and center. The best way to go about this is by storytelling. People love stories. Your message will be easily understood if you wrap it in a story. Use your introduction as a hook to capture people’s interests and keep them scrolling down your page.
When writing for the web, it’s also essential to break down your content into an easy-to-digest structure. With the plethora of content online, people have become masters at scanning content. They’ll scan through the subheadings until they find the section they’re interested in. So, make sure you use this strategy when writing your content.
Lastly, don’t forget to follow SEO best practices. If you’re using WordPress, you can use a free plugin called Yoast SEO (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-seo) which helps you make sure your content is search-engine friendly. It won’t matter how effective and valuable your content is if search engines aren’t going to be able to find it!